Tuesday, May 26, 2009

What's On My Nightstand ::: May

Photobucket

June ... is going to be my month to step back. To relax amidst much busy-ness. To read a few things that have been sitting on my shelf for a while that I am *going* to get to! :) With that, here are some of my aspirations for the month:

I'm guessing I will read more than those four books this month, but those are the ones that I really want to hit, along with personal Bible reading (thinking I'm going to dive into some of the Psalms this summer, and maybe one of the epistles ... I John?? 1 Peter??) I just finished Inkdeath, the third book in Cornelia Funke's Inkheart trilogy and that took me a good week and a half to get through. One, because I have had busy days and only read in the evenings after girls were in bed ... and two, a-hem, in spite of how good it was, I had a hard time staying awake. :) I'm also about 1/3 of the way through Everyone is Beautiful which is the 5M4B June bookclub selection.

Head over to Five Minutes for Books for more nightstand posts!

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:41 AM

    I'm not familiar with any of those. Looks like some good ones to explore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're Welcome! I am just as happy that I stumbled across the Austin Family Chronicles as well. They're SO comforting.

    We are about halfway through the Young Unicorns, and actually have a Ring of Endless Light on audio, so I'm planning to listen to that in July on our big car trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally understand what you're saying :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Glad to hear that you're reading EIB!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:03 PM

    I can't wait to read your review of Last CHild in the Woods. I've seen it mentioned on lots of homeschooling blogs, etc., but I've never actually laid eyes on it myself.

    I tried Everyone Is Beautiful, but it wasn't for me. I'm curious to see what everyone else says about it, though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous3:15 PM

    I've heard of Last Child in the Woods. Sounds interesting.

    I still haven't gotten a copy of Everyone Is Beautiful. Every bookstore I've gone to doesn't have it in stock! I'm definitely eager to read that one...I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I requested EIB from the library, hope I get it in the next day or two!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've started reading L'Engle's Time series and really enjoy it. I bought Inkheart after we saw the movie but just haven't gotten to it yet. Our libraries either don't have EIB or it is checked out, so I don't know if I'll get it read in time for the book club or not. I'm eager to read the reviews on that one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous6:49 AM

    Looks like a great list! I need to be better about picking books that have been on my list for a while :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...