10 on the 10th - May
Happy Mother's Day! I thought for my 10 I would do something with a Mother's Day theme ... I'm going to split my 10 and share five things that I enjoy doing WITH and ABOUT my children, and five things I enjoy doing WITHOUT my children. :)
1. I enjoy reading aloud to my girls ... I try to say yes anytime they ask me to read to them, I enjoy it that much. I'm thrilled that we are reading chapter books now ... our lunch time reading is Little House on the Prairie and we are all loving it!
2. I don't mind changing diapers at all and enjoy the few minutes it get to slow down with a child. Really, I do. It has been a rare occasion that I have passed one changing one - usually involving a first trimester of some kind and nausea. I even do cloth diapers when able and love it. :)
3. I love taking my girls to the library (related to #1). :) We have our routine there and the girls know where everything is.
4. I love it that I am the only one that knows exactly how their blankets needed to be folded and fluffed at bedtime. And that they are at a great stage where they all insist on a kiss and hug.
5. I recently taught them a song/prayer to sing before meals and I love hearing them sing it in their 5, 3 and 2 year old voices. "God our Father, God our Father, once again, once again, we bow our head and thank You, bow our head and thank You, amen, amen."
And for those things I enjoy doing without munchkins...
6. Going to Panera Bread/Starbucks/Baja Fresh and getting a coffee/frappachino/diet coke and sitting with book and/or journal by myself.
7. Buying them little treats at the store that they don't expect and surprising them with them.
9. Listening to music that is not written about ladybugs, disney characters, or how big I am growing. :)
10. Going to a bookstore and walking the aisles, browsing the magazines, and probably picking up a book that I know they would love and making a mental note to check the library for it the next time we go.
Thank you Lord for these sweet girls and for the changes that you are prompting in me as their Mama. Thank you for the grace you bestow on me each day as I mess up and try again as I parent and for my husband to stand along with me and lead our family. You are great and greatly to be praised!
For more 10 on the 10th, head over to Mer's. And, again, Happy Mother's Day!