Thursday, May 14, 2009

A Change of Pace

Today I am overwhelmed. I had planned a quiet week while T was out of town. I was going to get started on potty-training munchkin #3, get some stuff done around the house, and spend my evenings working on some projects that I never seem to get to.

The week hasn't turned out like I thought ... should I be surprised? :) It hasn't been bad, but it has left me feeling quiet frazzled. Then, on top of just the normal stuff, there has been some hard heart stuff, too. A close friend is watching a neighbor take her last breaths with cancer. Today I wrote and sent out an email to our church about another friend's son who has been diagnosed with Hunter's Disease, a degenerative illness that is eventually fatal.

These are poignant and such timely reminders that I want to be living more in the daily moments with my family. Less time on the things that will pass away. Making time for things that matter instead of stealing time to squander on the things that don't.

I'm going to make some changes and I'm going to start today.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:38 PM

    Hugs and prayers, Stephanie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying He speaks to your heart and lifts your head today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:41 PM

    Life has a way of getting our attention, doesn't it?

    I need daily reminders to refocus on what really needs my focus. I hope you have some sweet times with family and with God in the next few days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:47 PM

    Your conclusion is simple, yet powerful in light of what came before in your post. May the Lord take you by the hand and show you His love and direction, while consoling you and those you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The conclusion is so true. How often I get caught up into things I can't control and just give it to God. Yes, making changes, setting priorities and making time for the truly important things.... Sorry your week was rough on the soul.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why don't you write up that last line in your beautiful script and give me a copy to hang on my wall?

    I need the constant reminder and I hope the weekend goes better for you, friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...