- Homeschooling kicked off on Monday!
- As did my WAY cool contest ... if you haven't gone and entered, please do!!!
- Our days have been busy and good.
- Kind of like the anniversary weekend I just celebrated with my husband.
- The big seven. :)
- We had planned to send the girls to Grandma and Grandpa's for Friday night so that we could grab dinner and a movie without the guilt of making my parents'
stay awakewait up for us.
- However, BBoo started feeling lousy on Thursday. By Friday afternoon she had a fairly high fever and was shunned from the grandparents.
- Not really "shunned" but my Dad has some nose bleed issues and it really is imperative that he doesn't catch a cold. It is just bad. So, the snotty child was uninvited.
- That meant our anniversary dinner for two was now an anniversary dinner for three. :)
- And thanks to my sister, we were still able to go see our movie since we had already Fandangoed the tickets. And at the price of tickets now-a-days, I was glad to not have to try and unload them or lose them. Thanks, K!
- The rest of the weekend was rather low-key since all activities involved said two-year-old but we did go out to Cracker Barrel for an early lunch and ran several errands before the N's came home.
- Then I stayed home from church with BBoo since her nose and cough were still not nursery worthy.
- Then we jumped into homeschooling. :)
- We have been reading in Proverbs, reading about Christopher Columbus, colonial times and making an All About Me lapbook.
- We also finished our lunch read-aloud of On the Banks of Plum Creek and jumped straight into By the Shores of Silver Lake today. I forgot that Silver Lake starts off with a bang - in the first two chapters, Mary is blind and then Jack the bulldog dies.
- It's been a while since I read this book in the series, so I'm looking forward to refreshing my memory.
Happy Wednesday. :)