Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Bloggy Review ::: Nick of Time by Tim Downs


I was recently sent a complementary copy of Tim Downs' Nick of Time from the BookSneeze book review program of Thomas Nelson Publishers. I reviewed one of these books before, and this one is very similar in style.

Nick Polchak is a professor and crime scene consultant - he is a bug guy, meaning a forensic entomologist. The book starts off with a suspected murder of one of Nick's colleagues and he is determined to get to the bottom of this, even if this takes him on a wild goose chase just days before he is supposed to be married.

If you are a fan of CSI type programs, you will enjoy this book! I am a fan of a good mystery, but I find CSI shows can been too gory and/or graphic for me and do not enjoy them. This book, while there is some discussion about crime scenes, is handled well. With Father's Day coming up, if you know a Dad that like to read a good clean mystery, this is one that I can recommend looking for.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...