Friday, January 07, 2005

Morning Report

I'm soooo sleepy. But I've managed to get up at 6:00 a.m. all week. And I drank my water yesterday by like 1 p.m. We'll see if I can repeat that! :-) Also tackled the chicken that was in the fridge and needed dealing with. I decided to stew it because that seemed the easiest to start with. I ended up with a ton of chicken for cassaroles and stuff so I'm excited about that. But, ick, ick, ick! when it comes to taking the meat off the bones. That just makes me all squeemish inside.

Not much on the schedule for the day, but EAGERLY ANTICIPATING a few waking hours without childcare responsibilities later. I may get out and attempt yet another Christmas return but it would mean going to Old N@vy and that store overwhelms me.

These are from Friday's Feast:

Appetizer - Have you been sick yet this winter? If so, what did you come down with?

We have been mercifully spared thus far. Travis had that nasty virus in October/November that shut him down for about 3 weeks, but Noelle and I have been relatively healthy minus a sore throat or runny nose here and there.

Soup - What colors dominate your closet?

There really isn't any predominate color theme that I can tell. I do tend towards brighter colors. I can't wear pastels often or kacki (sp?) at all without looking like I had a really bad experience on a roller coaster.

Salad - How would you describe your personal "comfort zone"?

Hmmm. If they are meaning how close do I like people to be to me physically . . . I'm not an "in-your-face" kind of person. I like a little room to move and breathe. If they are talking about in conversation, I am content to be a listener and just kind of absorb a lot of the conversation around me. Not that I never say anything, but I like time to get warmed up for I am expected to answer the deepest most personal of questions. :-)

Main Course - On which reality show would you really like to be a contestant?

I don't think there is one. I really, really, really, dislike reality TV. American Idol is the only one I have ever watched (I think I stuck with it for one season) and I don't think I would want to be on there either.

Dessert - Which holiday would you consider to be your favorite?

Any other time I would have said Christmas immediately, but this year has been . . . hard. Not because our family was separated out for Christmas - I really enjoyed just being home on Christmas day with my husband and daughter. Just some work situations, family situations, etc., that all conspired against me put me in a serious slump from Thanksgiving to New Years. Right now Labor Day is looking like my ideal holiday! :-)

Seriously, I love Christmas time normally and would count it as my favorite in a heartbeat.

If you think about it, pray for Dana today as she's having hand surgery!

1 comment:

  1. Your baby is so cute. She looks so dainty. And what a cute expression you captured there.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...