Friday, June 24, 2005

It's Friday so...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Things that make you happy. From the mind of Nattie Rose.

  • Meeting Leann yesterday!

    Image hosted by Photobucket.com

  • Naptimes.
  • New Bob & Larry videos that are coming out!
  • Classical music.
  • Online shopping.
  • Watching Noelle play.
  • Eating sugar snap peas from my garden.

    From Friday's Feast:

    Appetizer
    What time do you usually wake up each day? If you could choose your wake-up time, when would it be?

    Lately I've been waking up about 6 a.m., but it's rare that I get up before 7. If I could choose it, it would probably stay at 6, I would just actually get up then!

    Soup
    When was the last time you bought groceries? What store did you go to? Name 3 things you purchased.

    It's been several weeks since I bought real groceries, but I did go this morning and buy some snacks for our road trip. I went to Walm@rt and bought . . . grapes, slim jims, animal crakers.

    Salad
    How many books have you read so far this year? Which was your favorite and why?

    You can see my book list here - so far I've read 47 books, although the disclaimer is that they weren't all 1st time reads. I love re-reading when I don't have time to dive into something and give it a chunk of time to get into it. My favorite was maybe Breaker's Reef by Terry Blackstock. She writes GOOD Christian mysteries.

    Main Course
    What is something you consider to be very elegant? In particular, what about that item/place/person conjures up the feeling of elegance?

    I consider simplicity to be elegant . . . just to be content with what one has and at peace with that. I see in that calmness and elegance and tranquility . . . not clamoring for more, more, more!

    Dessert
    Who taught you how to drive?

    Both my parents . . . it took a combined effort!

    I'm offline until probably next Thursday or Friday . . . we're heading out tomorrow to visit our Ohio family and I'm planning (hoping) to be offline until we get back so I get a REAL break from work. :-) See you next week!
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Thanks for commenting!

    One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...