Friday, March 31, 2006

Hodgepodge & an Obsession with Sleep

  • It is a rainy, rainy spring day today. I like days like this although it gets a little damp running errands. :-)
  • N1 has woken up in the middle of the night EVERY NIGHT this week. She goes through spurts like this every once in a while. Saturday night she fell out of bed ... hasn't done that in MONTHS so she ended up in bed with us. This morning she was up a little before 5 a.m. I think I'm a little excited that she is spending the night at her Aunt & Uncle's tonight ... she can wake them up at 5 a.m. tomorrow. :-)
  • While we are on the subject of sleep, N2 is doing great sleeping at night. She's averaging about 6 1/2 hours when I get her to bed between 8:30 and 9 p.m. And then, every few nights she'll want to eat about every 4 hours, or like last night, do an 8 hour stretch. One thing I have never minded with both my girls are the nighttime feedings. It's weird, it doesn't seem to phase me too much to get up with them because both girls (after the first couple weeks) have been good about getting down to the business of eating and going right back to sleep.
  • And while still on the subject of sleep, we are transitioning N2 to her big-girl crib in the "girls' room" slowly. She has been in a Moses basket in our bedroom since we brought her home and she loves it. She can burrow her way to the head of the basket and feel and surrounded by squishy-ness and snuggled in. I think the crib and all is "vastness" is a little overwhelming to her. :-) I'm starting to put her in there for her nap times, but she's still in our room at night until she's just a little more consistent on how long she sleeps.
  • Check out the utter coolness of this:





    Made by Blestwithsons and I love it.

  • I had the wonderful privilege of meeting Meredith from Like Merchant Ships today. We met at the library and were able to chat for a little while ... until N2 started being a little stinker and wouldn't take a nap like she was supposed to. :-) And look what she brought me ... made with her own flowers!





    Because I have no green thumb abilities whatsoever, this kind of beauty that people can put together really does amaze me. :-) It is going to be such a treat to have these on my desk where I can enjoy them.
  • Tomorrow night is the annual youth's Valentine's day dinner/fundraiser for our church body. I'm sure some have picked up on the fact that we're holding our Valentine's dinner on April Fool's Day ... not a joke, really. :-) Since N2 was only about 2 weeks at Valentine's, and Travis heads up the youth and thus the dinner, we postponed it several weeks until it was a little more manageable. It's going to be a crazy busy day tomorrow so N1 is going to my sister for the evening tonight to spend the night, and the my Mom is going to take N2 for several hours tomorrow afternoon so I can help Travis and the kids set up. It's going to be strange to be kidless for a few hours ... that hasn't happened in several months.
  • 1 comment:

    1. I "random Blogged" into your blog and would like to know how to get one of those necklaces, i went to "blessed with sons" but cant figure out how to order one...coud you click to my blog site and leave a comment...and let me know?? it would be appreciated!
      Amy

      ReplyDelete

    Thanks for commenting!

    One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...