Friday, July 21, 2006

Everyday Things


"...For I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances." Philippians 4:11
Brought to you by Everyday Mommy


Today my contentment lies in a little bit of comfort food that is actually good for you! Eggs are standard breakfast fare, and have been ever since I was a little girl. From the "Egg McJerry" I ate growing up, which was my Dad's knock-off of McDonald's Egg McMuffin ... to egg sandwiches (yum!) ... to my standard Cracker Barrel order of "eggs-in-a-basket." (Two eggs cooked inside two pieces of their yummy sourdough toast). Now that I am back on board with trying to aggressively lose some baby weight, it doesn't take me long to scramble a couple eggs in the morning and toss them into a tortilla for a quick breakfast that is good for me and I don't get hungry two hours later. I'm also pretty fond of them because they are cheap. I can buy three dozen for just a couple dollars at our local Sam's Club, and for me, that's a good investment when I can get something good for me, that N1 will eat, and that we can eat any meal of the day. It may sound silly, but they are a constant in my fridge ... I know I can provide for my family well if I just have some eggs around. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...