Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Works for Me Wednesday, 7/26

First of all, I want to say a HUGE thank you to whoever posted the tip about making your own net for your children's stuffed animals - two hooks and a yard of pink fabric I had laying around the house and presto! A toy net for some of our stuffed animals! Thank you to whoever you are! *muah*


Hosted by Shannon @ Rocks in My Dryer


This is a little trick I learned several years ago. My church started a women's Bible study for those of us that were single and working that met at Cracker Barrel at 6 a.m. (Yawn!) We would get breakfast and study the Word and I have wonderful memories of that time. (I'm now in the daytime study since Cracker Barrel doesn't provide child care ... what's with that?!) :-) Anyway, we soon learned that it was tricky to find room for a Bible, study book, coffee, and breakfast all in your little 12-inch square of table alotted to you. At the time, we were doing a lot of Beth Moore's studies, such as this one:



These books take up quite a bit of room and don't ever seem to lay flat. What I did was this:



I spiral bound the study at my local kinko's for a mere $4-5. This way, the study book would either lay flat, or I could flip it over and it was half the size. A much easier way to manage it. For any lefties, it also makes it much easier to write in your notebook when it lays flat and your left hand is not continually fighting the binding. (All lefties can surely sympathize!) :-) Even though I have left the "Cracker Barrel" study I continue to spiral bind my studies ... it is less to have to balence in your lap when at group and you don't have a table in front of you to pile book on Bible on. And again, journalling in it when it is laying flat is so much easier.

It works for me. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...