Wednesday, November 29, 2006

New Ventures

Some new things coming our way, both personally and as a family right now. Some easy and some challenging, but since they are all from the hand of God ... who am I to complain, right? (Or at least, I'm trying not to). :) We are undergoing serious budget crunching right now. Things are tight and looking to stay that way for some time ... bills are getting paid and that's good, but the cupboards are pretty bare right now. We did get to go to the store today for a few things for which I am very thankful. :) I recently read a FABULOUS ebook called Thriving on One Income, well worth the few dollars it cost me to download it. She starts with heart issues towards living on a tighter budget and then gets into some strategies on how to do it and do it well. Two thumbs up. :) She talks over and over again about how wonderful it was to see God provide for their family when things got tight ... I love stories like that.

Another new thing coming up is that I am going to participate in Shimelle's Journal Your Christmas class this year. I know, I know ... why am I taking this class when the budget is tight? Well, mainly because I signed up some time ago before things shifted on the home front; and I was paid for making some invitations for someone and I really try hard to use the money I make from creative projects to either go back into supplies or some thing to help me have a creative outlet. I still need to figure out what album that I'm going to be using and praying that I have one here on my shelves that will be perfect.

Of course, the most obvious of the new things is our new family member joining us next year. We had our 16 week appointment last Tuesday (before Thanksgiving) and heard the little heartbeat again. I haven't felt any significant movement at all from this little one ... not like I did with the girls. They were both so busy early on, that's it's unusual to have one so quiet into the 17th week. Sometimes I get a little anxious about it, but I haven't had any indications that things aren't going okay, and there's nothing I can do about it anyway so working on patience and trust here in a big way. Our ultrasound is set now for December 19th in the afternoon to find out if this will be a little he or she. We really aren't anywhere on names, although Travis threw out Reginald (or was it Rupert) last night in jest. Um, I don't think so. It's been kinda funny ... the question that we've been asked the most concerning this new baby is WHERE are we going to put it?? Our house is only 2 bedrooms, and the girls already share ... there are some that seem very concerned about us having room for one tiny new little baby. :) I'm not too worried. We have a Moses basket that he/she will stay in for the first 2-3 months, or until they get strong enough that I'm worried they will flip out of it. Then, we either have the bassinet insert for the pack-n-play when he/she needs more room or could get my nephew's crib. Lots o' options.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...