Thanks to a tag from Katharine @ Raising Five, I now feel suddenly compelled to tell 9 weird and remarkable things about myself. Katharine limited herself to 9 food related oddities and while that has inspired the start of my list, we'll see if I can come up with nine total. :)
1. I love the combination of peanut butter and cheese. Love. Love. Love it. Especially for breakfast. Even more especially when I'm pregnant. The peanut butter MUST be crunchy and the cheese MUST be Kraft.
2. When I eat said pb&cheese (or any sandwich for that matter), I eat all the way around and eat the crust off first, then the yummy insides of the sandwich. Who knows where that quirk came from.
3. When I lived alone for a couple years before getting married, I usually fell asleep to a movie in a little tv/vcr combo that sat in my bedroom. 9 times out of 10, it was Star Wars. I can quote enough of the dialogue that it really is pretty scary.
4. I had a friend in 8th & 9th grade named Christi. She moved to California at the end of our 9th grade year, and a year later, I moved to Arkansas. (We were both living in Calgary, Alberta at the time). We STILL correspond to this day - 20 (gasp!) years later. :) Snail mail, too, thankyouverymuch. :) And, this is the weird part, I have all the letters that she ever sent me and get them out and read over them usually at least once a year. I so treasure our friendship. :)
5. I've changed school way too many times. Kindergarten, 3rd grade, 6th grade, 6th grade, 7th grade, 8th grade, 10th grade, and 11th grade. The bold ones were because of moves, and the others were for various and sundry reasons ...
6. I asked my husband what he would say is weird about me, and he said my love of pens. It really does border on the obsessive a little bit, however, I think it's perfectly normal to constantly be on the quest for the perfect writing utensil ... he apparently does not. :)
7. I do not like Doritos. Is there anyone out there on this one with me? Especially the Cool Ranch ones. Travis and Noelle went on a Cool Ranch binge during my pregnancy with Natalie and if I EVER smell Cool Ranch Doritos again, it will be too soon.
8. I've only kissed my husband ... that's probably weird. :)
9. I'm extremely left-handed and now I love being left-handed and different that way. However, when I was in 6th grade I decided I was tired of being left-handed because you always got the end desk so you didn't bump elbows with someone right-handed and there was special attention made to your seating. The introvert in me was tired of that and so I decided to be right-handed. That did work out so well for me as you couldn't read my handwriting at ALL. Big bummer at the time, but I'm cool with it now. :)
Um ... I'm not sure who to tag on this since I've seen it around quite a bit. If you do it, leave me a comment and I want to come read about YOUR quirks. :)