Monday, July 07, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook ::: July 7

Photobucket
Do visit Peggy's to see all the other daybook posts this week!

FOR TODAY

Outside my Window ... it's quiet, a few cars are going up and down the street as folks head in to the office after a long weekend.

I am thinking ... it is good to be home! :)

I am thankful for ... safe travels, good memories with our family, and watermelon!

From the kitchen ... not much as I did a really good job cleaning out the fridge before we left town. Travis did a quick run to the store for me last night so I now have eggs for breakfast and milk, but we will need a plan and a grocery list for after that.

I am creating ... some scrapbook pages for a new Shimelle class that starts today. Hopefully more on this soon... :)

I am going ... to enjoy being home today, do LOTS of laundry, and decide whether or not a grocery trip is a must for today.

I am wearing ... sleep pants and a big t-shirt

I am reading ... a series of books by Karen Kingsbury that a friend loaned me, quick and fun reads for vacation. I also finished Mission of Motherhood by Sally Clarkson and it was excellent. I know this is a resource that I will be returning to over and over for encouragement and reminders.

I am hoping ... that E and I are not catching a cold. We both came home somewhat stuffy.

I am hearing ... E puttering around behind me and N1 watching Between the Lions. N2 is still snoozing.

Around the house ... it looks pretty good thanks to a quick clean before we went out of town. Now, to keep it up. :)

One of my favorite things ... the screened-in porch at the cottage we stay at on Lake Erie. On our last morning there, I was able to sneak out of our room before everyone woke and had about 30 minutes out there with the sunrise and my journal. *sigh* A highlight of vacation for me.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week ... I believe I've mentioned laundry and groceries, right? That's top priority. After that ... Wednesday night I will be going to my church's summer women's study on Proverbs and Friday, as far as I know, I get to go out to dinner with a few girlfriends. (I didn't realize I had so much *mommy* time this week, but since Travis is getting to go on a guy trip with my Dad and brother-in-law in a few weeks, I think I'll take while I can!)

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

Sandy Toes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...