Monday, January 11, 2010

The New Moody Bible Atlas

I don't think I could be any later on publishing this review, but I didn't want to forget to thank Moody Publishing for sending me a copy of The New Moody Atlas of the Bible.

Long a trusted resource for scholars and Bible students, this terrific atlas has been updated and expanded to reach a broader audience. The new Bible atlas contains more graphics, 20% more maps and an additional forty-eight pages! Barry Beitzel has blended the topographical and historical in multicolored maps that accurately reflect evangelical Christianity. Pages of timeless information aid in sermon preparations, Sunday school lessons, or personal Bible study. The unique high quality maps, fact-filled text, and new additions make this the best Bible atlas available today.

This is something that I think is going to be invaluable to our family for years. As a social studies education major, I loved my geography class ... and to this day, I enjoy maps and globes. (Little known fact, my grandfather was a geologist and a map maker! It's in my blood. :)) This resource is a wonderful addition to our library. Every time I read about Paul, I love having my Bible open to the back, trying to figure out Paul's missionary journey routes. And several years ago, when my women's Bible study went through Genesis, a good map was invaluable as we studied about the land God promised Abraham or where the 12 tribes of Jacob eventually ended up settling.

If you are looking for a good Bible atlas for personal use or to add to a homeschooling library, I heartily recommend this one. Thank you to Moody for the copy to review and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...