1. Reading the Bible through in a year. :) Again, I'm going to try that this year. Each year, I get a little closer and with my 2010 birthday (NOT the one that I celebrated yesterday) being one that I switch to a new decade, I would like this to be the year that I get this done.
2. Be inspired. I have let myself become dull to things that inspire me and get me excited creatively. To kick off 2010, I am taking this class (Inspiration Defined) at Big Picture Scrapbooking from one of my favorite scrapbookers (Elizabeth Dillow). I want to do more scrapbooking and creating and sending of birthday cards and making goodies and am EXCITED for this. Shameless plug: if you are a scrapbooker and not acquainted with Elizabeth, (1) check out her book, The Scrapbooker's Almanac; and (2) visit Write.Click.Scrapbook. which she helped launch. Both excellent sources for inspiration!
3. Have you read the Pioneer Woman's cookbook yet? Wow. Yum. Etc. One of my 2010 goals is going to be to cook quite a few of the recipes in this cookbook. Seriously. Maybe even all of them ... unless they include seafood and then I just can't do it. (And, yes, this would fall in the frivolous category of goals). :)
4. For ye olde blog. Last year was super heavy on the book reviews and that burnt me out on reading big-time. I think it's safe to say that it will quite a while before I pick up any Christian fiction. (And, please hear me say it's not because everything that I read was horrible. It wasn't. There were some wonderful books in there!) This year I'm going to read for me and who knows where that will take me. :) There will definitely be more time spent with classics - N1 has asked to read Peter Pan as our next chapter book, after we finish The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe and I'm looking forward to that since I've never read it either. That said, there will definitely be less book reviews 'round these parts and more memories which is what I started the blog for.
5. A few things that I anticipate participating in:
My niece was gifted with the complete Anne series for Christmas and I'm going to read Anne of Green Gables along with her in January and participate in Carrie's challenge. I'm thinking there will be a viewing of the movie after, too. :) (If you have a Kindle, there is a TON of L.M. Montgomery stuff for free on Amazon right now!!)
I have the complete hardback (yellow spine) collection of Nancy Drews and it's been a while since I've revisited. I am going to unofficially play along and just see where I end up.
Well, there's a start. I'm sure I'll hit publish and think of something else I wanted to add, but so be it. Welcome, 2010!
ETA: Heehee. Already thought of something that I was going to put on here ... I am going to see how long I can go in 2010 without eating pizza. No big reason other that I am just tired of it! :)