Friday, July 08, 2011

The Fourth in Photos

Our first 4th of July in our new neighborhood. They really go all out for the kids!

We started the day decorating our bikes for the 4th of July parade through the neighborhood. (Bike decorating is not a gift of mine ... I definitely took note of what other moms did for next year!)

Bike prep for the neighborhood parade!

The middle munchkin. : )

7'4'2011a

The boy wanted to get in on the decorating, but he was really only concerned with how things tasted.

Happy 4th!

Maybe my favorite shot. She is SUCH a girl ... always with her little rainbow bracelet on.

7'4'2011d

Lining up. The fire truck leads the parade which I think is pretty cool.

7'4'2011f

7'4'2011i

By the time we walked the (short) parade route, he was already crashed out.

7'4'2011j

Mid-morning snack for parade riders.

7'4'2011k

While the kids ate their rapidly melting ice cream, the fire fighters were setting things up for a little fun.

7'4'2011m

7'4'2011o

7'4'2011u

7'4'2011y

7'4'2011aj

7'4'2011ab

We ended the day with a cookout over at our neighbors, but there is only one photo to document the end of the evening water fight. At this point (even with the help of many other willing pairs of arms), I was trying to pacify a very tired boy and not taking many pictures.

7'4'2011au

A good day all round and one I hope that the girls will remember fondly.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my! I remember our local 4th of July parades growing up. I decorated my bike with streamers as well! (Not my forte then or now either!) Such fun. I had forgotten all about that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were supposed to go to a parade but we (sort of) forgot. We did spend s large potion of the day eating and in the pool, though. Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...