Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother’s Day 2012

5'02'2012n

“Mommy.” She said it and I knew. She was mine. I was captivated. Because Mommy is forever.

It’s such a powerful name. Mommy means “I trust you.” Mommy means “You will protect me.” Mommy is for shouting when you need someone dependable and for laughing with when you are excited; Mommy is for crying on and cuddling with when you are sad or giggling and hiding behind when you are embarrassed. Mommy is the fixer of boo-boos and the mender of broken hearts. Mommy is a comfort place, a safe place. Mommy means you are mine and I am yours and we are family.”

-- Kisses from Katie: A Story of Relentless Love and Redemption

So thankful today for my crew that made me a Mommy and that we are all back under one roof after T and N1 spent a week serving on a mission trip in Guatemala. (Yes, Guatemala!)

Happy Mother’s Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...