Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Refocusing

I had such high hopes of this morning. Up early (and even earlier than I planned because Noelle woke @ 5:45 a.m.), showered, breakfasted, etc., etc., ready for a productive start to my day. Add to that plan several minor frustrations - each in and of themselves nothing major - but combined had me tearing up by 8:20. And to top it off, there is no Diet Coke in the house!

See, I read in a post at Mrs. Darling's site how she asked her husband what he prefered to see when he got home from work - a clean house or a hot meal. So, I asked Travis. He answered "clean house." I was afraid of that. I love cooking - I'm not the world's best, but I love experimenting and trying new recipes and stuff. Travis loves it when our home is decluttered and organized. If I'm really going to minister to my husband, I need to do a better job with the house which is totally my weakness. This all leads up to the early morning I had today, the cleaning projects I was ready to tackle and then my total frustration when several things did not go as planned, one of which being the wrestling of a new mattress pad and mattress into Noelle's crib, one of my least favorite projects ever.

Anyway, I decided to take a small break and sat at my computer to read email and there was one from FlyLady. The tag at the bottom of the email reads:
"You are not behind! I don't want you to try to catch up; I just want you to jump in where we are. O.K.?"
The LOAD flew off my back. I don't have to have a FlyLady house by today, I just need to start applying the principles where I'm at and move forward with her. Like going in and setting my timer in the kitchen and cleaning the kitchen for 15 minutes straight. And I did it! And then I cleaned for another 10 minutes because I wanted to finish. I can also apply this to my time with the Lord (which is even more important than a clean house!) I need to not be focusing on the fact that I'm behind in my 1 Samuel Bible study, but start on the days I need to have done for this week's lesson and move on. Anytime in the Word is better than none, and if I sit and bemoan about how I'm not going to get caught up, then I fall further and further behind. My little pep-talk for myself for the day.

A few fun things...

~ Discovered this coffee last week - especially Cinnamon Hazelnut & Holiday Peppermint
~ Would like to have a purse like this or like this. Not sure on the color though.
~ I am thankful that Travis is feeling better. Still not sure what he has, but he's on the upswing!
~ Would like to the get this scrapbooking book.
~ And this one - all about organzing!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...