Tuesday, August 29, 2006

30 Days

I'm going to try something that's pretty radical for me. :) I've decided that for the month of September, I'm going to eliminate fiction from my "diet." I've been needing to do this for some time ... and I have stacks of great non-fiction just sitting hear looking longingly at me, but I never slow down long enough to pick it up. One reason, for me, reading non-fiction is a lot more work. I have to concentrate more to follow along, sometimes I need to stop and meditate on what I read, and it just can't tear through it as fast as a fiction book. I'm starting to see those for what they really are - excuses. My mind needs stretching and pruning and I think going cold-turkey on fiction for a few days is going to help.

I'm also going to have a focus on my reading for September. My plan, to the best of my ability, is to spend the next 30 days reading and focusing on marriage. That doesn't mean I can't read another non-fiction book, but again, I'm staying away from fiction. I will also be using this guide: Praying for Your Husband from Revive Our Hearts.

I would like to say that I'm going to post daily about where I am with this challenge to myself, but that may be taking it a bit too far. LOL I really enjoyed the 21 Day Challenge that I did with Rhonda Farrar and, though this isn't going to be a scrapbook type challenge, I anticipate enjoying it just as much, if not more, if I truly apply myself. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...