Monday, August 07, 2006

Morning Report

This has been a crazy weekend around here. Last week (Wed/Thurs) I started feeling pretty achy and sore and, unbeknownst to me, by Friday had a MASSIVE yeast infection. (I don't think I have male readers other than Travis, but just in case I'll leave it at that). I don't think my c-sections hurt this bad. Travis picked me up some medicine on Friday and I've been taking it faithfully all weekend, but haven't seen much pain relief. I've got a call into my Dr. to see what she suggests ... I suspect it will involve me loading the girls and heading to her office which I dread. I'm not in the right frame of mind to haul girls to my OBGYNs today. It just makes me want to cry. :-( Both girls are dealing with summer colds, too. Green noses and all. That's actually pretty good timing, because N2 has her 6 month well baby checkup and so I can have the Dr. check her cold as well. N1 has been prone to ear infections and I don't want N2 to have to suffer with those if we can catch it in time.

I've added a few new things to my plate in the last couple weeks ... one reason that I've not written here as much other than a few weekly things. I've joined the blogging/weight loss team at One Weigh or Another, led by the feisty BlestwithSons. I've been posting (and mostly commenting) over there ... there's a group of about 20 of us that are keeping each other accountable to lose weight and get in shape. Today was our 2nd weigh in and I'm down a total of 4 pounds in 2 weeks. I'll take that. In conjunction with that, I'm doing the 21 Day Challenge at Rhonna's site. I'm posting my pages on my Flickr and at OWOA, but here's a tidbit of what I've done:

21 Day Challenge, Day 1 21 Day Challenge, Day 2 21 Day Challenge, Day 3 21 Day Challenge, Day 4

I've got Day 5 and 6 to catch up on from the weekend ... I've thought about my journaling this weekend and now need to get it out of my head and on paper. I think that will be this morning's project. We're having a video day around here ... Mama's just not up to wrestling playing with the girlies and so we're laying low other than just regular housekeeping/laundry and such.

A couple other happenings from the weekend ... we are no longer a one car family anymore! The Lord provided us with a great deal on a pick-up truck which is EXACTLY what my husband was wanting. It really hasn't been too bad sharing a car, but I'm so thankful for the new vehicle. There were several things that we had had to cut out of our schedule (trips to the library, playdates) because we didn't have a car every day, and other things took priority when we did have wheels, like Dr. appointments and buying groceries. I've gotten to drive the truck just around the block and it's way different than my van ... it's so much bigger. I know he is going to enjoy this vehicle. There was quite the smile on his face and he climbed in it to head off to work. :-) When I get a chance, I'll post pictures of the truck, and of N2's baby dedication when we had on Sunday at church. It's been a big weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...