Tuesday, April 24, 2007

The Newberry Challenge


Thanks to Nattie, I'm going to do the Newberry Challenge. The plan ... to read six books that were Newberry Award Winners between May 15 and December 31. I'm always up for reading children's books. :)

My choices:

1. Holes, Louis Sachar

2. The Midwife's Apprentice, Karen Cushman

3. Sarah, Plain and Tall, Patricia Maclachlan

4. Miss Hickory, Carolyn Sherwin Bailey

5. Dear Mr. Henshaw, Beverly Cleary

6. Caddie Woodlawn, Carol Ryrie Brink
All these are new to me with the exception of Caddie Woodlawn ... and I couldn't even begin to tell you how long it's been since I read that one. :)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the comment and suggestion on Todays Creative blog.
    I will look into those sites.

    Good luck on your upcoming event!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:12 PM

    i've read holes & the midwife's apprentice ... i could have suggested you better newberry books, though!!! (the view from saturday by e.l. konningsburg(sp?) is great!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...