Thursday, December 30, 2010

L.M. Montgomery Challenge

L. M. Montgomery Reading Challenge

Yay! I love this challenge and look forward to it every year. L.M. Montgomery books are comfort reading for me - this year I'm going to visit with Emily for the month. Emily ... as in Emily of New Moon, Emily Climbs, and Emily's Quest. It's been a while.

I also think I'm going to rent (via Netflix) some of the Road to Avonlea series to watch with the girls. I have had them on my Amazon wish list for literally years, but they are just SO expensive. These are ones that I would love to add to my home video library some day because they are just so good. However, today, I'm thankful for the magic of renting DVDs and getting them in the mail. : ) (The Emily of New Moon video series is actually available on Netflix's instant view so I may try that out as well, although I've heard it doesn't measure up as well as the Road to Avonlea show).

To join the LMM challenge, link up over at Carrie's (Reading to Know)!

6 comments:

  1. I love Emily only a teensy bit less than Anne (and actually maybe more than Anne when Anne is grown up and no longer in the picture--gasp!). I haven't decided yet what I'm going to teD. I'm looking forward to it, though!

    One of our local libraries has at least one season of Avonlea, and we have Netflix, too. My girls have seem one episode and loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! =) I love your enthusiasm for this and I SO HOPE the Avonlea series comes in for you! I think you and your girls will LOVE it!

    Looking forward to your take on Emily. I'm reading the later half of the Anne series this time 'round which has less Anne and more children. But I'm finding I don't mind that as much as I used to. It's kind of an interesting change.

    Anyway - I'm reading already, looking forward to more reading, and anticipating this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I LOVE Anne and the series and the Avonlea series! Many a fun movie nights with friends years ago....brings back fond memories with bosom buddies! What a fun watch with the girls! I have actually never heard of Emily New Moon or the video series... hmmm... may be a fun winter read! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a bunch of things on hold from our library for this challenge. I'm not even sure what they all are but I am sure it will be fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm just now reading the first Anne book, and these posts about other L.M. Montgomery books (especially the Emily series) are making me anxious! I have to remind myself to slow down. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's been years since I read the Emily books. I need to reread them. I have the Avonlea discs in my Netflix queue too, and I'll have to check on the Emily movies...I never knew about them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...