Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas Recap

A little Christmas recap from the last few days. As with Thanksgiving, our family plans fluctuated back and forth until everything actually happened. We ended up having a fun Christmas Eve Eve evening with just our crew here at home. I had planned some appetizer-y things for dinner at some point last weekend and I broke it all out on Friday night to go with our Family Movie Night pick of the week. Smurfs. (It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Almost cute in fact. But not cute enough that I wish I had put it in someone's stocking).

Our menu: pigs in a blanket, hot ham and cheese sandwiches, homemade cream cheese apple dip, and chocolate chip cookie dough dip. The apple dip will definitely be made again; the cookie dough dip was SUPER rich. Delicious but almost sickeningly sweet. Good in very small quantities.

12'23'2011iPj

Christmas Eve boy shot. He is becoming increasingly hard to photograph. So much movement.

12'24'2011iPb

The uncle. Always a good sport.

12'24'2011iPe

Grandpa and the boy. Waiting for stockings to open.

12'24'2011

The boy didn't really get why he was supposed to put his hand in a long, dark, sock-like hole, but he went along with it with a little help.

12'24'2011b

Gift success this year - matching Wonder Woman jammies for my sister and niece. Score. : )

12'24'2011o

N1 got a game of Monopoly from the neighbors. She, N2 and her Daddy have now been playing the same game for three days. Truly, the gift that keeps on giving. I think there is hope they might finish the game today.

12'24'2011q

My shiny new popcorn popper. The old one was broken, but I kept holding it together because once you switch to stove-top popcorn you can't go back to microwave.

12'24'2011v

12'24'2011x

New scooters. Plus four kids sporting their "cool" faces. Hee.

12'24'2011z

Christmas lunch. A feast. My mom's chicken enchiladas and Mexican dip. (The hot dogs to the side were for the boy.)

12'25'2011aa

Such a good Christmas.

12'25'2011iPk

2 comments:

Thanks for commenting!

One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...