Monday, September 13, 2004

It's raining outside at the moment and I'm taking a break from cleaning. I spent most of the morning laying out the mission manual and I think I have most of it done with the exception of a few pictures which I am waiting on. You would think that I would want a break from the computer now? :-)

Comment Responses:

Tammy, our church has (according to the last directory we put together in the spring) around 165 attendees (adults and kids). We couldn't fit them all in our auditorium if they all came on the same Sunday, but that is how many claim us as their home church. :-)

PWChick, I think that book would make a good women's study . . . I saw on Amazon that it also has a study guide available, although the book itself has all sorts of questions to ask yourself and journal about as you read it. PS. Happy mattress shopping! :-)

Allie, it can be Fall by the calendar and that doesn't have anything to do with the temperature. Not to mention, you are just a little bit nuts to go running in 90 degree weather in the first place. :-)

Heaven_is_my_home, thanks for your sweet comment . . . looking forward to getting to know you, too.

I'll end with a song that we sang on Sunday . . . I love the chorus to it and the image of resting in our Savior.

Jesus, I am resting, resting, in the joy of what Thou art;
I am finding out the greatness of Thy loving heart.
Thou hast bid me gaze upon Thee, and Thy beauty fills my sou,
For by Thy transforming power, Thou hast made me whole.

O, how great Thy lovingkindness, vaster, broader than the sea
O, how marvelous Thy goodness lavished all on me
Yes, I rest in Thee, Beloved, Know what wealth of grace is Thine,
Know Thy certainty of promise and have made it mine.

Simply trusting Thee, Lord Jesus, I behold Thee as Thou art,
And Thy love so pure, so changeless, satisfies my heart.
Satisfies its deepest longings, meets, supplies its every need,
Compasseth me round with blessings; Thine is love indeed.

Ever lift Thy face upon me as I work and wait for Thee;
Resting 'neath Thy smile, Lord Jesus, earth's dark shadows flee.
Brightness of my Father's glory, sunshine of my Father's face,
Keep me ever trusting, resting, fill me with Thy grace.

Jesus, I am resting, resting, in the joy of what Thou art;
I am finding out the greatness of Thy loving heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...