- been to Ohio and back for Christmas
- kept my neice and nephew for a whole week
- had Christmas with my side of the family
- celebrated my birthday with my side of the family
- started a Bible reading plan for 2007
- kept my nephew (and my neice for 1 day) of another whole week
- met Blest and her family for dinner one night
- potty-trained N1!
- had a church wedding in which Travis played classical guitar and practiced an insane amount
- had sick, sick, sick girls all of this week so we've been home a LOT. Lots of cuddling, naps (for all), little videos, juice and toast 'round these parts.
- had Mama catch germs from said sick girls
- had a 2nd ultrasound for baby #3
- played catch-up on work for my church job from the Christmas "break"
- designed invitations for a 13-year old's birthday party
- created the Punkin' Press blog so I have a place to put samples of my invitations and cards
I've had intentions of writing a bit about my goals and plans for 2007, but the time just hasn't come. I've also realized that this little list does show what my plans are for 2007 ... to "be."
As inspired by the Ali Edwards' challenge for last week, I've picked a word that I'm going to think about and ponder this year. I instantly knew what word I would pick: be. I recently read the following quote from Jim Elliot and it pretty much sums up my thoughts for the next 12 months:
Wherever you are, be all there. Live to the hilt every
situation you believe to be the will of God.
The will of God, as set forth in so many verses, gives me my priorities for me: God, my husband, my girls ... then ministry and such outside the home. This year will see me a little more focused inward towards God and my family ... purposefully making them the priorities that they are to be. And, in turn, that's where I'll be ... 100% of me ... which is more than I've been giving.