Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A Few Christmas Gift Ideas

I wanted to share a few Christmas gift ideas that I've come across this year that have made it to my list for others. 

First, I want to give you a heads up about a new prayer journal that I ran across. The Legacy Prayer journal is a CD that gives you different forms to print and fill out as you create your own prayer journal. The CD comes with over 20 printable prayer journal templates - scripture lists, pages for adoration, personal requests, missions, church, friends, etc. It can either be assembled as a scrapbook (12x12) or you can make an 8 1/2 x 11 binder. I'm very excited about this! I've been trying for months now to get up and going with a prayer journal for me and have either kept it in my planner or my journal. The problem was, when I filled the journal and moved on to my new one, a lot of times I forgot to go back and grab those prayer requests that needed transferring. Legacy Prayer journal is being very gracious to send me a copy to check out so I will let you know what I think once I get my hands on it. But, in the meantime, if you like the looks of it and you think it might make a good gift for someone or help you with a new year's resolution you want to keep, they have given me some discount information to pass on:

LPJ is running a sale for Christmas! Just use this code "CHRISTMAS" in the "special instructions to merchant" section when checking out and the transaction will automatically refund your account 25%! That makes your $20 CD only $15!

If you buy more than one you'll get 50% off of each additional CD you order when you use the code "CHRISTMAS"!

This sale ends December 25th!
Tell your friends and don't miss it!

*****What's New with LPJ???******
1. we've added a new version for Empty Nesters!
2. we were able to adjust our shipping and handling to a lower rate!


The second CUTE gift idea I ran across were these adorable tea wallets. Unfortunately, now that I went back to link to the post, I'm noticing that Megan is no longer making them for pre-Christmas delivery. However, there are probably some of you out there that can figure out how to make your own, or might like to order one for some other gift-giving occasion. (Teacher end-of-the-year gift?)

Third, I want to spotlight one of my favorite Etsy stores - HomeStudio. I love these little pendants and they are a great price, even if you purchase a chain as well. I bought several of these this summer and they have held up well to the fingering of small munchkins, too. :)

Fourth, and I think last, I am so pumped about this out. I have one sweet nephew that is ALL BOY, and as you can imagine, ALL BOY is something that I am not so familiar with. Check out these adorable reversable Superman/Batman capes! With mask! I can't wait to see him try them on. :)

Okay, I'm stopping now. It's rest time and I have things to do while the girls are otherwise occupied. Let me know if you have made any good finds this year! I love supporting S@HM moms in their creative efforts - as I appreciate those who support me in mine. :)

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the capes!! As a mom of two ALLboys (and a 3rd that no doubt will be once he does something other than eat, sleep and poop - wait! that sounds like a boy to me! Sorry, where was I?), I'm sure your nephew will love the cape. I must talk with Joel about those tomorrow! I'm constantly making capes out of blankets so I'm sure my guys (and girl) would enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:41 PM

    Hey Steph, I found the legacy journal on another blog this morning and decided it is exactly what I need to get myself for my bday. Then I decided we may need to have lunch , since you are my only scrapbookin friend (so you can give me the 5 minute version of scrpabookin 101)! The capes are so stinkin' cool!! One thing - the incredibles - edna says,"No Capes!"

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...