Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Kids Pick ::: Each Peach Pear Plum


If you asked my almost 3 year old what her favorite book is she would point to this one. Each Peach Pear Plum is a simple rhyming book where the reader searches to find her favorite nursery tale characters through out the pages. 

This book was a baby gift when I was expecting my first daughter ... purchased for me by a dear friend who has been a kindergarten teacher for many, many years. The pictures in this books are so sweetly drawn and the rhymes so simple, my sweet girl and I have had this book memorized for some time now. :)

Each peach pear plum, I spy ... Tom Thumb
Tom Thumb in the cupboard, I spy ... Mother Hubbard
Mother Hubbard in the cellar, I spy ... Cinderella

I love that I can say the first part of the rhyme and N2 can complete it. A sweet, sweet read-aloud book for your little one if you are looking for one.

For more kids' picks, head over to Five Minutes for Books!

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:59 PM

    This sounds great for my girls. I just put a hold on it from our library. Thanks for all of your great book suggestions Stephanie! I am still waiting for my turn with our library's copy of Engaging Father Christmas - I can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh cool! This book sounds great. I reviewed an I Spy Book today that my son just got into and this book also sounds highly enjoyable and classic. Love it.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a beautiful classic book. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great and beautifully illustrated. I like your choice in blog layout, too. I picked the same one!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...