Amy at Hope is in the Word tagged me for a fun book meme and I'm happy to play along - thanks for the tag, Amy! :)
Tell me about the book that’s been on your shelves the longest. . .
The book that I've had the longest (though not specifically this copy) is The Happy Giraffe. This was a children's book that my mom had growing up ... one year for Christmas my Dad went on an ebay hunt and bought a copy of the book for me and my sister. I've enjoyed reading it to my girls, even though I can't leave the copy down low for them to look at by themselves. It's pretty fragile!
Tell me about a book that reminds you of something specific in your life (i.e. a person, a place, a time, etc.). . .
Can I mention an author instead? Agatha Christie was my go-to-gal for the last few years of highschool and the beginning of college. I had finally completed my collection of all the Nancy Drew books (in hardback) and was ready to move on the the next level of mysteries. My Dad bought me a 4-in-1 volume of Agatha Christie and Sam's Club and the rest is history.
Inkspell by Cornelia Funke. :) I thoroughly enjoyed Inkheart and kept hoping that Inkspell would pop up on paperbackswap.com so I could read that one. (And we won't talk about how long the waiting list at the library was for the book, now that the movie for the first book has come out!) I spotted it last week at Sam's for $6 and took the plunge.
Tell me about a book that has been with you the most places. . .
Probably my Bible, in some form or another. For the past five years, I've used the KeyWord Study Bible and love it though it is showing serious wear and tear.
Tell me about a bonus book that doesn’t fit any of the above questions. . .
I couldn't think of just one so instead I took pictures of our bookshelves. For our tiny two-bedroom home, we have a lot. Both Travis and I love books, and while I'm constantly trying to clean them off to make a little more room, they stay pretty stuffed. :) What can I say ... we're book people! You can click the picture below to see more bookshelf pics in Flickr (I've added a few notes here and there for fun). :)
Ladies, should you choose to accept this challenge, these are the rules:
1. Tag 3-5 people, so the fun keeps going!
2. Leave a comment at the original post at A Striped Armchair, so that Eva can collect everyone’s answers.
3. If you leave a comment and link back to Eva as the meme’s creator, she will enter you in a book giveaway contest! She has a whole shelf devoted to giveaway books that you’ll be able to choose from, or a bookmooch point if you prefer.
4. Remember that this is all about enjoying books as physical objects, so feel free to describe the exact book you’re talking about, down to that warping from being dropped in the bath water…
5. Make the meme more fun with visuals! Covers of the specific edition you’re talking about, photos of your bookshelves, etc.