Saturday, February 14, 2009

Questioning

Introspection on this Valentine's Saturday. I'm becoming more and more impressed that I need to do some shaking up in my priorites and how I am spending my time. My children are growing too swiftly, right in front of my eyes. How am I using these moments I have with them? Or am I letting them slide so I can get one more thing done on my to-do list, read one more blog, finish one more project that could easily wait until rest-time/bedtime, etc. Am I teaching and training them ... or reading about others' ideas for teaching and training far more often?

Everywhere I look there are posts about keeping it real on blogs ... some do, some (supposedly) don't. I don't know quite where I fall in that. I have purposefully chosen not to share many frustrations on here. One, you never do know who is reading. I would be so grieved if I shared a struggle that wounded another. Two, while I do blog about my munchkins, their privacy is also important. I don't need to air their faults and foibles out here. They are sinners ~ I am a sinner. 'Nuff said. My private journal is the place to wrestle with these things. I once read where someone said her journal was her confessional and her blog was her place to converse:

"Now I realize both of these journals - my log and my blog - serve a purpose; they allow me to create, consider and converse. In my blog I reflect; in my notebook I plan. In my blog I chat with others; in my notebook I chat with myself. My blog is a community; my notebook is my confessional."

Of late, I have been neglecting one in favor of the other. I can tell by my emotions, frustrations, and lack of focus that I need to hunker back down to basics. What that looks like will be in process I'm sure, but this is a start.

Forgive the rambling... Muddy thoughts on a foggy Saturday a.m.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:52 AM

    I know exactly what you mean, Stephanie. I think that might be one of the reasons I converted my blog to a dedicated book blog. I find that I write much more in a my prayer journal--and it seems to do me much more good.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean. I've been reprioritizing lately as well. Which is why I haven't posted much or read much in the last 2 weeks. Yesterday I wrote out a new schedule for us. I'm hoping that it will give me the time I need with my children as well as the time I need alone. After all, too much of a good thing isn't a good thing. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...