- It's Friday. I love Fridays. Actually, there's not really a day that I don't love, but I love Fridays because my girls love Friday. Friday nights are pizza and movie night AND Fridays mean that the next day is Saturday. Saturdays are cinnamon rolls and Daddy stays home all day. We lurve us some Saturdays. :)
- This morning I logged off my computer for about two hours. I am amazed (and slightly saddened) at all I was able to accomplish with out the distraction of email pings and what not. It has clarified a few things that I was questioning and I will be unplugging more. (HT: Mer @ Lifeat7000feet for the idea). I am so thankful that I have the opportunity to work from home for my church, and I can do that because of the wonders of technology/internet/email/etc., but the partial attention that I sometime give my home and family is not something I'm proud of. (For more on this, read Katherine's timely post at Raising Five for today. Spot on). Technology is a good thing, and I love it, but I need some boundaries.
- We are enjoying these in our house:
- I'm still working on my 365 photo-a-day project and enjoying it for the most part. There have been one or two days where I have just not been in the mood to take a picture or tote my camera - but they have been few - and (I think) only one day that I missed. I'll try and take a few album pics soon once I catch up the journaling. I'm liking this project as a whole. It's been interesting (probably only to me!) to see what I am choosing to highlight each day. :)
- I have a few things in the works for March, one of which is going to be a no-spend/low-spend challenge for the month. I'm not going to be legalistic about it, but I am going to keep track of my non-essential spending, i.e., Sonic drinks, scrap "necessities" from Joann's, books, etc. :) I think it will be very beneficial to me to see where it's all going.
- Tonight I'm going out with some girlfriends for dinner (heehee, before the no/low spend challenge of March!) to celebrate an upcoming baby. These are my "company girls" and I am eager to trade a few hugs and see everyone face to face. One of the husbands of one of these girls was at our house last night doing some music stuff with Travis - his wife had him pick up a diet coke for ME at Sonic on his way over ... now that's a true girlfriend. :)
Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! I'm enjoying the sunlight streaming through my windows right now, even though it is still too cold to go out with girls and enjoy it. A little sun on the face is good therapy for me any day so I'll take it!