Friday, June 24, 2011

Currently ::: Late June

Current Books: The Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place, The Hidden Gallery (Book 2) and One Thousand Gifts (found my copy).

Current Playlist: Nothing. Nada. Zilch. There is always so much noise (good noise!) present in my life with little people and a husband who is a musician. When it is my choice, I choose silence and have whenever I have (rarely) been alone of late.

Current Color: summery orange

park

Current Drink: decaf iced tea and lots of it

Current Food: lots of fresh veggies to go with my Weight Watcher eating. Salad, sauteed veggies and lots of fruit is the majority of what I've been eating and I will be very sad to see the end of summer and all this fresh goodness.
Lunch.
Current Favorite Favorite: lots of lists on a plain legal pad. It has been my constant companion of late as I plan household, upcoming school, etc.

And this picture of girl cousins.

girlcousins

Current Wishlist: to order our school books. It's on the agenda for next month, Lord willing! I've got my list made out and am ready to go.

Current Needs: some time to process all the thinkerly things rolling in my brain. Thoughts about school, thoughts about keeping life simple, thoughts I need to get on paper. 
Current Triumph: A-hem. -21 lbs, thankyouverymuch.

Current Bane of my Existence: the continual need to bathe children that play outside every evening and want to keep on going until the sun goes down. And by saying, bane, I mean that this is a good problem to have, but I'm not really looking forward to having to wean them from such summertime high-jinks and schedules when school starts in about month.

Current Indulgence: Of late, not much in the way of foodie indulgences (see current triumph above). I do have a bowl of popcorn and apples every evening after the girls go to bed. That's about as crazy as it gets. 

Current Mood: indecisiveness? Is that mood? Thinking lots and lots about balance for us over the next school year as it is the season for signing up for activities and enrolling in programs. There is much more I could write about that in this space, but I'll just leave it with this for now...

park2

Current #1 Blessing: having several weeks in a row here that are free, or nearly so. We had plans to travel and see T's family at the end of June/beginning of July and those fell through. We've taken a rain check for later in the year, but that means that this week, when I would have been packing and getting us ready, was blissfully empty; next week, when we would have been on the road is also completely free because we weren't going to be in town. Working very hard to make sure those weeks stay that way.

Current Outfit: denim skirt and purple t-shirt. 

Current Excitement: Cars 2. I'm as excited about the girls about going to see it at the theater.

Current Link: I have a whole slew of them coming tomorrow for a fun listy-Saturday post. Stay tuned... : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...