Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Day 3

  • We've been on our own at home for three days now.
  • It's going REALLY well.
  • I hope I'm not speaking too soon, but it really is. :-)
  • I'm not pushing myself, and we are just having lots of good girlie time.
  • I had my first cup of coffee yesterday since the baby was born. Yum.
  • But I haven't had a real diet coke yet. Not.One.
  • I do miss them, but I wanted to make some changes in my caffiene intake and what better time that when you are in the hospital and semi-cut off for four days straight.
  • But, my fantabulous husband has bought me some caffiene free for home, and I'm trying to only have one (or two) a day.
  • The rest of the time, I'm drinking water or decaf iced tea. It's iced tea weather round these parts.
  • The baby is eating about every 2 hours during the day, and every 3 1/2 to 4 at night. A very unusual schedule, but it's working well.
  • Did I mention that she had some jaundice issues?
  • We've been sunning her by our big window and the doctor is pleased with her progress.
  • I think she's definitely our most mellow baby thus far.
  • I haven't mentioned our Mother's Day that we had.
  • It was nice ... and very low-key. :-)
  • Travis took us for a long ride on Saturday in the car (mostly to get me out of the house for a bit).
  • On the way home, he stopped and bought me my Mother's Day present: two deck chairs for our back deck!
  • I've been wanting a couple chairs for two years now so I was very excited!
  • On Sunday, we went over to my folks' house for lunch and lots of time to pass around the baby.
  • My Dad even took a few head shots of our E-girl for the baby announcement.
  • This one is the funniest:

Funny Face

  • I'll save the good one for when the baby announcement is done. :-)

3 comments:

  1. Oh, what a great and very funny picture. I'm glad all is still calm. I hope it stays that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:14 PM

    she is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you used the word 'fantabulous.'

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...