Saturday, May 12, 2007

1 Week Old

We're one week old today! E really is such a good baby ... her mellow nature that I enjoyed during pregnancy is very evident so far in her demeanor. She has to get pretty hungry before she really starts to cry. :) This first week has been one of great up and downs. At some point, I would like to type up her arrival story, but I'm not sure I'm ready to do that yet. :) The short-short version is that compared to previous epidurals, I do NOT like spinals; all manner of milk and latching on issues have occured, but I just might be seeing a light at the end of the tunnel, thank you Lord!; and the hormones are slowing down somewhat, although I'm still really bummed that Travis has to go back to work on Monday. I love having him home!

However, we are so blessed with our newest girlie. I've been able to sleep soooo much better since she has arrived, too. It's made such a difference just NOT being pregnant. Sigh. And being able to sleep in my own bed after the hospital is always a fabulous improvement. The dr. has given me strict words about getting pregnancy again anytime soon ... baby #4 is not out of the question, by any means, but having N2 and E so close together and probably combined with my age and such, means my body needs a good long break before the next pregnancy to refuel itself. I am, down deep, thankful for that. I love having babies, and know that my body really needs a break - I realized that I haven't slept through the night in over a year and half! Trust me, the first night I get about 8 consecutive hours, there will be much whooping and hollering around here. :)

Wishing you all a wonderful Mother's Day this year!

Natalie and Elizabeth

Noelle & Elizabeth

Snoozing and getting a bit of sun for our jaundice

8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful baby...May God bless you and keep you. I pray this little one will sleep through the night soon! (:

    ~Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful!!! She is precious. Love the chunky cheek! Your girls must love her.

    I know about giving yourself a break. I know I can have more, too, but the older you get it seems a bit more challenging. So rewarding, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elizabeth is beautiful!!! I'll be praying for the feeding difficulties to end soon and for you to get some rest!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's beautiful, and I'm glad things are going well thus far!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:37 PM

    Stephanie, she is so beautiful. Congratulations again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your girls are such cuties!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous11:56 PM

    Beautiful pictures!
    Happy Mother's Day Stephanie.
    DawnM

    ReplyDelete
  8. How sweet! Glad things are going well. Its nice when babies are easy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...