Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Yummy

Remember this is de-lurking week here before the newest little arrives. :-) So far, I've delurked a few newbies-to-me (and gotten a few other fun comments as well from some "knowns.")

Thought I would share a yummy recipe we tried last night ... Travis had seconds and around here, that's saying something. :-)

Doritos Casserole
Hat tip: The Aldi Queen

Bag of generic Doritos, any kind (you can also substitute these with regular tortilla chips)
3-4 cups cooked ground beef (optional: cooked in a taco seasoning packet, following directions on packet)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can diced tomatoes
2 cups shredded cheddar or taco cheese

Layer a 9×13 greased pan with the following. Layer of crushed lightly chips, layer of chopped meat, another layer of chips, a layer of cheese, a layer of the soups and tomatoes mixed together (heat them lightly), and then top finally with a cup of chips and another cup of cheese. Bake the casserole at 350 for 25-30 minutes.

Yield: Six Servings

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...