Monday, November 03, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook ::: November 3

Photobucket

Do visit Peggy's to see all the other daybook posts this week!

FOR TODAY

Outside my Window ... unnaturally light outside, or so it seems.

I am thinking ... that I want to start pondering my theme and thoughts for the new year. This year was about simplifying life and getting back to some basics and I think next year will be more of the same but with some contentment & joy thrown into the mix. We'll see...

I am thankful for ... the different seasons that God created. I am truly enjoying this fall - I enjoy it every year, but this year the leaves have been more dramatic, the air has been crisper, and the autumn sunshine has been therapeutic.

In the learning room ... we are continuing to talk about Thanksgiving this week, working our way through our stack of library books on the subject. Our verse this week for Awana is also a priority: John 3:16.

From the kitchen ... Mmmmm. I am going to be making a fabulous breakfast casserole for Bible study on Wednesday and cannot wait. We also get our first winter CSA basket tomorrow and I am super excited to see what produce I will have to work with for the next two weeks. Love the idea of planning my meals around the vegetables that we need to eat.

I am creating ... a package to mail to my friend's daughter; goodies to sell for a church fundraiser; and hopefully some scrapbooking this week.

I am going ... to slow down this week.

I am wearing ... kacki (sp?) capri pants, red t-shirt

I am reading ... still living in the world of Fairacre through the Miss Read books. May move on to something else after this one ... and I'm itching to get my nose into a few of my homeschooling books again.

I am hoping ... to figure out how I want to organize my planner for 2009. I have three options in mind and I can't decide which I think will work better. (This is a very superficial "hope", I'm sad to say.)

I am hearing ... little girls chattering in the beds. They are supposed to stay in there until they see a 7 on the clock. (Which means I have about six more minutes until I will be surrounded!)

Around the house ... things are in the happy jumble of a Monday morning. Our day to stay and play so lots of things are out, a few school-ish papers and crayons are on the table, and laundry is in process. A happy mess and one that is easily tidied before Daddy gets home from work.

One of my favorite things ... about Mondays is that my sister usually stops by after work for about an hour before she goes to her Bible study at church. She ALWAYS brings me a Route 44 Diet Coke (thanks!) and the girls are ecstatic to see Ka-Ka because she usually brings them a little goodie as well.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week ... tomorrow is our CRAZY DAY. We will vote and then meet some friends at the zoo. (My friend Melissa has three boys that the same ages as my girls, give or take a month here and there.) Then it's off to pick up our CSA produce and dance class for N1. The rest of the week looks tame in comparison. :)

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you... we've been enjoying a visit from Flat Stanley (thanks Greta!) and are getting ready to return him to his rightful home. This is taken at a civil war memorial stop just a few blocks from our home.

Flat Stanley

Photobucket

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting!

One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...