Thursday, November 06, 2008

Thanksgiving Resources

thanksgivingbooks4

These are most of the books we were able to find at the library for our study of Thanksgiving. We are having fun with these stories and the girls seem to really be enjoying them (and retaining the information!) The two books in the top photograph are probably my favorite that I checked out. M is for Mayflower is really an alphabet book about Massachusetts, but it has some great information about our founding fathers. P is for Pilgrim is all about Thanksgiving. What I love about these books (the Sleeping Bear Alphabet books) is that the actual text of the book - the rhyming alphabet portion - is very simple and easy to follow along with. However, on the sidebars of each page, there is detailed information about the facts tucked into each rhyme, making it easy for an older student to get as much information as he or she wants from these books.

thanksgivingbooks1

Other books we have enjoyed:


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing about those books. I need to go to the library and get a few books so I'll look for some of those. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...