Friday, January 09, 2009

Friday Felicities ::: January 9

Photobucket

My first felicities of the new year. :)
  • Our Friday Night family night ... especially looking forward to it as it's been a busy week for my husband and the girls are ready to play!
  • This book. Such sweetness and wisdom all rolled into one. I love the idea of living seasonally and within that creating traditions and celebrations for our family to go with each one.
  • This etsy shop. Seriously. I could download each and every one of their card templates. I ordered these for my girls for their Valentine's day cards. These will be my next purchase. :)
  • This blog. A wonderful encouragement to this homeschooling mom.
  • Hummus with apple slices. I could eat this every day right now.
  • Curling up under a blanket with a good book.
  • Creating new boundaries for myself. It makes me happy because I have an area that I need to work on and I'm excited about making this needed change. (Vague I know, sorry!)

For more felicities or to link up yours, head over to Becky's!

9 comments:

  1. Ooo...I like curling up with a book too. Haven't done that in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Etsy shop. Thanks for sharing that. I'll have to check out what to get my daughter for Valentine's Day, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boundaries! What a great idea. I could use some of those. I'm getting better at saying "no" to other people, but I should set some boundaries for myself: blogging time (cough cough) comes to mind. Hmmm, now you've got me thinking!

    Hey, it's great to see you for Coffee! I think you were one of my very first readers.......nice to have loyal friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boundaries are definitely something I'm working on!! Have you read that book "Boundaries" by Cloud and Townsend? It's on my to-do list. :)

    By the way I like the style of your posts. Very attractive to the eyes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. you know i never had hummus until college?!

    tragedy i say.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never tried hummus...I've lived a deprived life....:0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never tried hummus either. Can you give us some examples of what the daily celebrations in the book are like? You've peaked my curiousity

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous5:15 AM

    The book will be a great present for one of my friends, and etsy has become my favorite go-to place for gifts and home craft items. I just discovered it a few weeks before Christmas, and am fascinated by the creativity of everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous7:13 PM

    I like having the boundaries for myself too. Sometimes we need to know our limits.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...