Monday, January 26, 2009

Simple Woman’s Daybook ::: January 26, 2009

Do visit Peggy's to see all the other daybook posts this week!

Outside my Window
... grey light is outside the window this morning. Looking to be a cloudy and cold day. That was this morning. Now it is night and I'm just now posting this!

I am thinking
... on friendship, on joy, on so many things right now. A little bit of information overload going on inside my head.

I am thankful for
... so many things. I am blessed.

In the learning room
... just working our way through our phonics workbooks bit by bit. Last week we had a great playday at the zoo (although it was a bit chilly); that was a great treat from all the indoor time that we've had.

From the kitchen
... this week's menu:

Monday
: Pasta Fagioli soup … oh. My. Word. this was good.
Tuesday: something easy in the crockpot because it's dance night. I have a roast in the freezer so we may pull that out.
Wednesday: Quesadillas (cheese for the girls; chicken and spinach for the adults)
Thursday: Good question … probably a leftover night of sorts because I'll do my monthly grocery run for February on Saturday.
Friday: McDonald's! Our birthday girl loves her some hamburgers right now and a McD's hamburger and some playtime will thrill her to no end. J

I am creating
... not too terribly much. A few notepads and cards for baby presents. I take that back … I'm making a little verse notebook. To go along with my theme of choosing joy for the year, I'm going to participate in Joanne's Memory Monday and start memorizing some scripture about joy.

I am going
... to make my monthly menu and grocery list this week. Plans for a big shopping run this weekend and I need to be prepared.

I am wearing
... blue jeans and a pink sweatshirt. Comfy clothes.

I am reading
... Rebecca's Reward by Lauraine Snelling. Isaiah. I need to pick me up a non-fiction book to work through, but am undecided as of yet.

I am hoping ... for good news for friends this week that are going into the hospital. One to have a baby and one for heart valve surgery. God is good, all the time.

I am hearing
... a little Wii activity going on behind me. I'm stealing about two minutes to finally post this before I go tuck munchkins into bed.

Around the house
... the princess explosion in the family room has been remedied and the last load of clothes has been folded and put away. Soup is in the crockpot for dinner tonight.

One of my favorite things
... is celebrating birthdays. And we are celebrating one 'round these parts on Friday.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week ...
well, let's see. Tuesday: dance and we pick up our coop order for the week; Wednesday: Bible study in the morning and the N's have Awana at night; Thursday: a 3yo checkup for N2 in the a.m. because on Friday … we are celebrating her birthday! Woo-hoo!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you ...

January 24, 2009

Our Saturday – the N's and I went to the circus!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...