Thursday, January 01, 2009

The L.M. Montgomery Reading Challenge

L. M. Montgomery Reading Challenge


Carrie at Reading to Know is hosting a L.M. Montgomery reading challenge in January and I am all. about. that. L.M. Montgomery is one of my favorite authors (if not at the top of the list, then she would be at #2 or #3!) Her characters are so real that I could many of them as kindred spirits even though I have never once met them in flesh, but only chatted with them in the very tattered pages of my books.

I'm going to pick several of my favorite L.M. Montgomery books to reread this month and look forward to sharing them as I reaquaint myself with these old friends. On the list to read will be Jane of Lantern Hill, Chronicles of Avonlea, and Further Chronicles of Avonlea. We'll see what else gets added.

Visit Carrie to sign up or for more information!

4 comments:

  1. Yay! Glad you are "in"! Chronicles of Avonlea is on my list too, right behind Story Girl. I'm hoping to have time to get to that one also because I've been watching the Road to Avonlea series. But we'll see how far I get!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:52 AM

    Those are good books, although I haven't read Jane of Lantern Hill. I'm planning to read Anne's House of Dreams, which will probably lead onto Ingleside, then maybe The Blue Castle, which I haven't read before. I'm going to enjoy this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:57 AM

    How nice to "meet" you! I have 3 girls also and am in on the challenge - although I'm starting at the beginning: Anne of Green Gables (I've seen the series on TV but haven't read the book since I was a kid). I'll be anxious to hear about the ones you read!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you are joining in, and you've given me more titles to look forward to reading at some point in the future.
    Enjoy the time with Anne and friends!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...