One of those lighbulb moments.
For several weeks now, I've known that I need to move towards a focus of JOY for 2009. The last two years have been consumed with a focus to slow down and simplify life as we added girls back to back to our family and our tiny house. There has been much pruning of posessions, free time, and budget as we have adjusted, as you can imagine. Truthfully, though, I have not been joyful about much of it. I have fought to keep "my things" and "my time" all to myself - not looking to the greater good for our family. This year, I want to face things with joy whether it be a change of plans I was really, REALLY looking forward to; not being able to get that new whatever that I
With that, I humbly share a few goals for 2009, keeping in mind that I will strive (with God's leading and guidance) to do them with joy and bring that attitude forefront to my family:
- Looking for joy in everday life, even the hard days because I do not deny that there will be some.
- Documenting it and learning about joy with time in the scriptures.
- Preserving lessons learned and joyful times in my journal and our family scrapbooks.
- Bringing joy to relationships far and near by keeping in contact with friends and family.
- Being joyfully diligent and intentional in my care of my family and our home.
- Joyfully making changes to better my health and not being resentful about it.
Not a long list at all this year, but a focus that I truly feel is from the Father and a prayer that my heart is being conformed more like his. Grace & peace to you and yours as you welcome 2009. :)