Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Briefly...

Lost 2 1/2 lbs today at Weight Watchers - woo-hoo! :-)

Kara, you had asked me about my Ruth study . . . our first meeting is this Thursday night so I've just been reviewing chapter one and trying to become familiar with it (again.) I think you were dead on - this book is such a tangible way that God showed his blessing when life was falling down around this family. Famine, multiple deaths, moving back home with no way of support. And, how God chose to use this "insignificant" woman to be a part of His lineage - a non-Israelite, and her husband Boaz, the child of a harlot (Rahab). A wonderful picture of His redemptive nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...