Monday, June 14, 2004

Manic Monday


Travis & Noelle Posted by Hello

Remember that song by the Bangles? Manic Monday? That's what today has been and it's only 8:41 a.m. as I type.
~Noelle woke up at 5:30 a.m.
~Went to the kitchen to find there had been an ant invasion in the night. Eeeewwww. (Which Travis killed and cleaned up . . . yeah!)
~Vacuumed the house around 6:15 a.m. - dogs loosing massive amounts of hair due to bath last night.
~Travis tries to leave for work around 7:15-7:30 and red car won't start. Takes green car.
~Makes one trip back to the house because he can't find something he wants to take to work.
~I leave the dogs alone for about 2 minutes to go to the bathroom and one has been sick in the kitchen. Double eeeewwwww.
~Both dogs locked outside on patio.
~Noelle napping.
~Mommy regaining sanity at now 8:44 a.m. :-)

This whole weeks looks like it might be like this. I have to put together something for the fathers at church for this Sunday - here's your reminder that it's Father's Day this coming weekend!! Plus, Noelle and I are going out of town next week with my parents, my sister and her daughter to visit my grandparents, so there is all the packing and planning for that. I'm also trying to get a quote to someone that has asked me to design her wedding ivitations . . . I dislike greatly having to mess with money matter. There are many other things on my plate, but those are the top three that I am going to try and deal with today. :-)

Yesterday at church, the sermon was about Ephesians 6:18, regarding prayer.

With all prayer and petition pray at all times in the Spirit, and with this in view, be on the alert with all perseverance and petition for all the saints,

The gist of what I got out of it was that it is my privilege and my responsibility to pray for the believers that surround me. I never thought about it that way. Specifically, I am to pray for spiritual alertness - that they recognize God in their lives and what He is doing; that they are faithful to Him in their lives; that they are fruitful; that they encounter opportunities to tell someone this week about Jesus, and so on. It is a blessing from God when another is allowed to share a need that I can pray from specifically. And it is a blessing to another when I share a specific need that someone can pray for me about.

It was very moving for me. I'm not good at sharing the personal, the stuff that makes me really upset, mad and/or sad. At the end of the sermon, we actually had a time where we were asked to find another person and share a specific need that we would like prayer for . . . and then commit to pray for that person consistently for the week. I'm pretty excited to see what happens this week in my friend's life as I pray for her and in mine as she prays for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...