Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Date Night!

Travis & I are going to see a movie tonight - just us - and Noelle is going to the grandparents! I had to look on my calendar to see when the last movie I saw in the theater was - December 19 - "Return of the King." I get to see the new Harry Potter tonight! My life is way different than it was pre-marriage and pre-baby. It was nothing to go to a movie at the theater every weekend. Now, we're all about checking out videos from the library for free, and the occasional new release at Hollywood Video.

Although I wouldn't change where I am in life now for anything, I sometimes miss the time I had with girlfriends going to the movies on the weekends. That's who I always went with and it was a weekly time for us to connect if we didn't somewhere else. There were 4 of us who were single and usually did something together on Friday nights. Then one got married, and then I did, then #3 and now there is one who is still single. She and the married w/o children still go out, but now that N. is here, we're kind of out of that loop. Once you are out of one loop, it's easy to get overlooked for the next loop, and the next . . . I guess I've been feeling lonely lately. A couple hours at Starbucks with some girlfriends sounds pretty great to me.

Enough on that! I have way too much to be thankful for. :-)

Psalm 16:11
You will make known to me the path of life;
In Your presence is fullness of joy;
In Your right hand there are pleasures forever.


Something fun...taken from craktpot's site:
If I were a _____ , I'd be a _____

Month: November or December
Day of the week: Wednesday
Time of day: 2:30 p.m.
Planet: Earth
Sea animal: Otter
Direction: left!
Piece of furniture, I would be: my big comfy date chair
Sin, I would be: forgiven
Liquid: Diet Coke!
Stone: Sapphire
Tree: Lilac tree
Bird: Canary
Tool: Duct Tape (not really a tool, but you can fix ANYTHING with duct tape)
Flower/plant: Daisy, "aren't daisies the friendliest flower?"
Kind of weather: sunny, hint of clouds, about 70 degrees.
Mythical creature: Pixie
Land animal: Giraffe
Vegetable: green beans, my favorite.
Sound: Noelle's laugh :-)
Element: h2o
Car: minivan
Song: a tie - "Lord Most High" (my favorite worship song) & "My Jesus I Love Thee" (favorite hymn)
Movie director: George Lucas
Book: Anne of Green Gables series
Food: Mexican
Place: mountains
Material: 100% cotton, all about comfort!
Taste: salty
Scent: smell of freshly mown grass & wild onions
Religion: follower of Jesus Christ
Word: content
Object: Tungsten E Palm
Facial expression: silly
Subject in school: History
Cartoon character: Bugs Bunny
Shape: Square

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...