Friday, June 18, 2004

I Can't Think of a Title

Random Thoughts:

~Isn't it disappointing when you watch a movie that you used to love and it's just not the same? For example, last night I checked out "The Firm" from the library (with Tom Cruise, based on a John Grisham book). I totally did not remember the HORRIBLE language that was in the movie. Ick. Probably the cause for the weird dreams I had last night . . .

~So I talked to my Mom last night as she was driving home from work. She just had to discuss her new grandson she is going to have. (In case you missed the update to yesterday's post, my sister found out that she is going to have a boy sometime around the first of October - Miles.) She is already thinking about some little outfits that she is feeling compelled to buy him . . . she's such a Grandma. :-)

~Funny Jordan (neice) story . . . she calls me yesterday to tell me about the ultrasound results and that it's a boy. I ask her how did she know for sure? Her reply, "The doctor saw his three legs." Cracks me up!

Something for Friday fun:

Appetizer
What kind of car do you drive? If you could make an even trade for any other car, what would you want to drive?
I drive a 94 (I think) Pontiac Bonnyville - a boat, it's soooo huge. In a heartbeat, I would trade with my husband for my original car, 93 Honda Civic, but it does not have air conditioning and I just can't make Noelle suffer in the back seat without any air... I would love to have a minivan!!

Soup
Take your phone number and add each number together separately (example: 8+6+7+5+3+0+9=38) - what's the total?
26

Salad
When were you last outside, and what were you doing?
Last night, I was hanging out in the garage with Travis watching him load up stuff for the church yard sale on Saturday!

Main Course
What is your favorite restaurant, and what do you usually order there?
Such a hard question . . . I don't get to eat out much so I'm usually thrilled just to go somewhere with free drink refills and someone to wait on you! (I'm not hard to please in the restaurant department.) My favorites I would have to say are Green Hills Grille, Logan's, Chili's and Las Palmas. (All but Chili's I think are just in this area of the country).

What I would order? Note: I like to eat, but I wouldn't order these all at the same time. :-)
Green Hills Grille: tortilla soup(!), BBQ Adobo Chicken Salad or Chinese Grilled Chicken Salad, Black Bean Queso & Chips, Coconut Chicken Tenders, Raspberry Sorbet w/ Chocolate Sauce
Logan's: fabulous Buffalo Chicken Sandwich, Buffalo Chicken Salad, any of their salads. (This is about the only place I will order anything with buffalo seasoning and not regret it later.)
Chili's: any salad, their pita sandwiches. I like Chili's because it's a little bit cheaper. :-)
Las Palmas: Nachos Palmas has been my standard there for several years, sometimes I get Nachos Fajitas.

Dessert
Name 3 things in which you occasionally indulge.
Slurpees/Icees (i.e. frozen cokes!); popcorn at the movies - I really feel that is a must, but I can do without; a bag of Chex Mix (or homemade) - I don't buy it ever because I can't keep it in the house and not get into it.

All this talk of food has made me hungry. I need to go find breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...