Wednesday, January 04, 2006

2006 Mount to be Read

I posted on W@H my list of books that I would like to read in 2006. These are books that are on my shelf that I have had good intentions of reading and just never get around to it because I'm bad about rereading fiction that is easy and doesn't make me think. :-)

* means I want to reread it.
** means I've started it and need to finish it.

~ Mere Christianity, C.S. Lewis
~ The Marriage Builder, Larry Crabb** (I read bits and pieces of this during our pre-marital counselling and want to read the whole thing).
~ Discipline: The Glad Surrender, Elisabeth Elliott
~ Freedom of Simplicity, Richard Foster
~ Fresh Brewed Life, Nicole Johnson*
~ Adventures in Prayer, Catherine Marshall
~ Stepping Heavenward, Elizabeth Prentiss
~ Knowing Scripture, R.C. Sproul
~ When You Rise Up, R.C. Sproul, Jr.
~ The Hidden Art of Homemaking, Edith Schaeffer
~ Confessions of an Organized Homemaker, Denise Schofield
~ Confessions of a Happily Organized Family, Denise Schofield
~ Well Trained Mind, Susan Wise Bauer
~ Strong Willed Child, James Dobson
~ Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver

Books by Elizabeth George:
~ Loving God with All Your Mind
~ A Mom after God's Own Heart
~ Beautiful in God's Eyes*
~ A Woman's Call to Prayer**

Fiction:
~ Pride & Prejudice, Jane Austin
~ Chronicles of Narnia, books 2-7, C.S. Lewis*
~ The Secret Garden, Frances Hodgson Burnett*
~ Emma, Jane Austin
~ The Witness, Dee Henderson
~ Wrinkle in Time, Madeline L'Engle*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...