Friday, January 13, 2006

This and That (... or so random that it's almost painful)

It is 2:38 p.m. here and I just got dressed. We haven't had a day like this in some time! Noelle is still in her jammies, and is watching Toy Story in lieu of a nap today. She did spend over an hour on her bed reading books and talking to herself, so I let her get up and come lay in here. We have had a leisurely morning. My neice had given Noelle some playdoh for Christmas and we got it out for the first time and sat at the table with it. She wasn't sure what to think of it at first. (Of course, it was tasted and pronounced yucky). But then she would tell me things to make out of it - a square, an elephant and a baby. (My elephant rocked, by the way). :-) Then, while she played with her trainset for a bit, I mixed up a batch of Cheryl's pumpkin muffins, and they are quite tasty. I will be making those again! That really was the extent of our plans for the day. Noelle is going to my parents' for the evening and to spend the night. We haven't figured out what we are going to do yet - we talked about going to see a movie (either Cheaper by the Dozen 2 or King Kong probably) or we may just go to the bookstore and wander around, without having to take turns going to sit with Noelle in the kid's section and look at Elmo book after Elmo book after Elmo book. :-) This week has just been so busy with errands and such - or at least the last two days have been that way. But, I really don't mind being up and moving. Maybe it will jumpstart the baby into moving! :-) I had some pretty painful Braxton-Hicks while at Target yesterday, but nothing worth timing.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT!!
If you use Shutterfly to process your digital prints, you MUST go over to Kim's blog and check out the great discount codes that she has collected for Shutterfly. This morning I ordered 87 4x6 prints, 6 5x7's, and 5 custom greeting cards ALL FOR FREE (except shipping). AND I still have 58 free 4x6, 22 free 5x7, 29 free 8x10, and one free 16x20 picture coming to me whenever I can get back over there and order more pics!!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Appetizer
Name one chore you don't really mind doing.
Washing dishes. We don't have a dishwasher (and haven't for some time) so I guess I'm just used to it. Now, granted, I don't like scrubbing the big pots when stuff is stuck all over them, but who does?

Soup
How many times have you moved homes in your life?
Right now, I am in my 14th place of residence, counting from birth on. I am happy that we have no move planned in the immediate future, and we figure with double sets of bunk beds we can get up to 5 kids in this two bedroom house before we have to move. :-)

Salad
How old were you when you had your very first kiss?
30. *blush* The only person I've kissed is my husband. *blush*

Main Course
What time of day do you usually feel your best?
If I get up before everyone else, and have some time alone, then early mornings are good for me. But, that hasn't happened while pregnant and the whole needing-sleep thing, so normally, I'm most productive now around 9:30 - 11:30 a.m.

Dessert
Using three words or less, describe your current local weather.
Rainy, wet, cool.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Things that make you happy. From the mind of Nattie Rose.
  • Rainy days
  • Jammies
  • Diet Coke (yes, I just drank one!) :-)
  • Colored pens and color coding my calendar.
  • A $30 birthday scrapbook store gift certificate burning a hole in my purse.
  • Guys with beards. coughTraviscough
  • My part-time job with my church ... so thankful that I ENJOY working this job.
  • Country music (okay, I've been on a country music kick lately ... the old stuff that I listened to in college and just burned a mix CD of those songs). Maybe I'll list them below.
  • Qwella a.k.a. Cinderella (as Noelle calls her).

    Okay, my country mix CD that I made, and then I'm done!
  • Big Deal, Leann Rimes
  • Crazy Little Thing Called Love, Dwight Yokum
  • Deeper Than the Holler, Randy Travis
  • Forever and Ever, Amen, Randy Travis (Yes, I'm a HUGE Randy fan.)
  • How Your Love Makes Me Feel, Diamond Rio
  • I Hope You Dance, LeeAnn Womack (sang this one at a baby dedication at our church once *sniff*)
  • Imagine That, Diamond Rio
  • John Deere Greene, Joe Diffie
  • King of the Road, originally by Roger Miller, this is Randy Travis' version
  • Now That I Found You, Terry Clark (I really thought this song would have been cool in my wedding, but totally cheesy. I was voted down). :-)
  • Passionate Kisses, Mary Chapin Carpenter
  • Perfect Love, Trisha Yearwood
  • Single White Female, Chely Wright
  • So Help Me Girl, Joe Diffie
  • Two of a Kind Working on a Full House, Garth Brooks
  • Valentine, Martine McBride
  • When I Said I Do, Clint Black
  • When You Say Nothing at All, Allison Krauss
  • Whisper My Name, Randy Travis

    I would have put several Jo Dee Messina songs on there, but I have misplaced that CD - Bye Bye, Heads Caroline Tails California, etc. :-)
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Thanks for commenting!

    One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...