Tuesday, January 17, 2006

CD Review

When I don't get to have my own way
I will trust in You
For You know what is best
When tears begin to roll down my face
I will trust in You
For You are good, You are good


Soveriegn One

Recently, I was given the privilege to review a CD titled Awesome God, a children's worship CD produced and put out by Sovereign Grace Ministries. The goal of this CD was unique. It takes principles and characteristics of our heavenly Father and, without dumbing them down at all, presents them to kids in a simple, rockin' way that gets the message across. The music doesn't assume that every child that listens to this CD has accepted Christ but speaks (or sings) about basic theology that even adults have a hard time getting their mind around! The lyrics I quoted above are from one such song that spoke to me lyrically - a theme I've wrestled with all year is the soveriegnty of God and how He can be good ALL the time. These lyrics couldn't spell it out any plainer.

As far as production quality, this CD is fabulous. The band rocks and there is a great mix of adults and kids that sing lead on the songs. And, what I though was uber-cool - you can pick your own cover for the CD from four options that come with it. (I went for the Zebra.) :)

Bottom line ... I will definitely be passing this CD on to our Children's crew at church and hope to hear several of these songs as special music down the road! If you are interested in this CD, you can find more information and song samples here.

There was no payment involved in this CD review, other than a great free CD! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...