Sunday, January 01, 2006

What Mommies Do on Their Birthday/New Year's Eve

What did you do in 2005 that you've never done before?
Bought a mini-van; visited D.C. with my husband and daughter; and made money at card making.

Did you keep your New Years' resolutions and will you make more for next year?
My goal was to simplify my life in several different areas and I did. I learned the important lesson of being able to say "no" to some things so that I could say "yes" to more time with my family and those things that were important to me. We cleaned out a lot of stuff and simplified household possessions and I worked hard on my meal planning and kitchen organization to make healthier meals for my family from scratch.

Did anyone close to you give birth?
So many!! Amy, Laura, Cheri, Erin, Melissa, Kathleen and Kathryn.

Did anyone close to you die?
My maternal Granddad and my paternal Grandma.

What countries did you visit?
None...

What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005?
A better routine a reading the Bible daily.

What date from 2004 will remained etched in your memory and why?
Not really any one in particular, although special day stand out such as the day we found out we were pregnant again and the day we found out about baby girl #2.

What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Something that I am still really working on, learning how to handle being hurt by those who are close to me and take it to the Lord.

What was your biggest failure?
My selfishness in my marriage, same as last year; getting sloppy with my housekeeping the last few months as this pregnancy has been harder.

Did you suffer illness or injury?
Does pregnancy count? :-)

What was the best thing you bought?
Our mini-van!

Where did most of your money go?
New (much-needed) car, new plumbing under our house, from the house to the street, water line, major bathroom renovations, and a new air-conditioner/heater. All about household repairs this year.

What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Expecting again. The new, reliable mini-van. Every new, cute, adorable thing that Noelle says. :-)

What song will always remind you of 2004?
For All You've Done by Hillsongs Worship music

Compared to this time last year are you:
a. Happier or sadder?
Not really one or the other - my hormones are so wacked out right now that I can't commit to one or the other!
b. thinnier or fatter? 3 weeks from due date so a little larger than before. :-)
c. richer or poorer? Poorer!

What do you wish you'd done more of?
Scrapbooking, reading my Bible, journalling. (Same as last year!) Plus cleaning on my house, reading more non-fiction books that I let stack up.

What do you wish you'd done less of?
Mindless surfing on the computer, reading some fiction.

How did you spend Christmas?
With my husband and daughter, then with my local church family, then with my side of the family.

Did you fall in love in 2004?
Yes, with the new little life that is inside me.

What was your favorite TV show?
We rarely seem to catch shows on TV, but we loved renting on DVD: CSI, West Wing, Lost and Alias

What was the best book you read?
I probably most enjoyed Traci Dupree's Lake Emily Series (A Can of Peas, Dandilions in a Glass Jar, and Aprons on a Clothesline); the scrapbooking book The Big Picture by Stacey Julian; and Elizabeth Elliott's book, Beautiful in God's Eyes, on the Proverbs 31 woman.

What was your greatest musical discovery of 2004?
Downloading whole CDs from iTunes.

What did you want and get?
A new car/mini-van. To be expecting a 2nd baby.

What did you want and not get?
I honestly can't think of anything.

What was your favorite film this year?
We saw so few this year ... but I loved Narnia.

What did you do on your birthday? How old were you?
That was today (35). We took Noelle to the Drs. for an ear infection, ran a few errands (Target & Michaels), met my Mom to run an errand, and am now hanging out at home with the family, bringing in the new year.

What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
To have made strides in daily Bible reading and personal study.

How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005?
Maternity

What kept you sane?
Normalcy of my routine with my husband and daughter, and their constancy. The Lord's soveriegnty.

Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
No one in particular...

What political issue stirred you the most?
Sadly, I can't think of one. Wait, I now don't drink or patronize Starbucks because of what they support
.

Who did you miss?
My Grandma Smith who died.

Who was the best new person you met?
I feel like I've been able to meet some of my favorite scrappers who's work I admire through their blogs. Donna Downey, Stacey Julian, etc.

Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Jesus, I Am Resting, Resting

Jesus I am resting resting
In the joy of what Thou art
I am finding out the greatness
Of Thy loving heart
Thou hast bid me gaze upon Thee
And Thy beauty fills my soul
For by Thy transforming power
Thou hast made me whole

Oh how great Thy loving kindness
Vaster broader than the sea
Oh how marvelous Thy goodness
Lavished all on me
Yes I rest in Thee Beloved
Know what wealth of grace is Thine
Know Thy certainty of promise
And have made it mine

Simply trusting Thee Lord Jesus
I behold Thee as Thou art
And Thy love so pure so changeless
Satisfies my heart
Satisfies its deepest longings
Meets supplies its ev'ry need
Compasseth me 'round with blessings
Thine is love indeed

Ever lift Thy face upon me
As I work and wait for Thee
Resting 'neath Thy smile Lord Jesus
Earth's dark shadows flee
Brightness of my Father's glory
Sunshine of my Father's face
Keep me ever trusting resting
Fill me with Thy grace

Jesus I am resting resting
In the joy of what Thou art
I am finding out the greatness
Of Thy loving heart

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...