Thursday, October 11, 2007

Casting Crowns ~ The Altar and the Door

A few weeks ago, the kind people at Reunion Records sent me a copy of Casting Crowns new CD, The Altar and the Door. I admit, I've not listened to much Casting Crowns ... the only songs of theirs that I am that familiar with are ones that have been radio singles and one called "Beautiful Savior" which I've sung several times for special music at church.

This CD is wonderful! Powerful vocals, beautiful melodies and lyrics that are not ashamed to say "Jesus" overflow on these tracks. I don't know about anyone else, but when a song by a Christian artist is so vague that could be on Christian or regular pop radio and no one would know the difference ... that sometimes seems a little odd to me. (I'm NOT saying a Christian artist can't record a pop song - just be clear who you are singing to is all I'm asking.) : )

Anyway, my favorite song is I Know You are There, and it's actually sung by one of the girls in Casting Crowns.

If all I had was one last breath, I'd spend it just to sing Your praise
Just to say Your name
If all I had was one last prayer, I'd pray it 'cause I know You are always listening
If I could live a thousand lives, bind the hands of time
I would spend every moment by Your side

Cause I know You are there, I know You see me
You're the air I breathe
You are the ground beneath me
I know You're there, I know You hear me
I can find You anywhere

Two thumbs up for me on this CD! And thank you to the guys (and gals) of Casting Crown for being so forthright in sharing the truth of Jesus so blatantly in your music.

4 comments:

  1. They are incredible - all their songs have solid, Biblical, heart-hitting lyrics (can you tell I'm a fan?). They are coming to Milw in December...I'm trying to get the funds for a ticket - since when did concert costs go up so high?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't they awesome? I love their music - they are so straightfoward about the Truth in them. I get to see them in 2 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, that's what I love about Casting Crowns--they really preach at me with their music!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:00 AM

    There are more info of your Casting crowns The altar and the door

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...