Thursday, March 15, 2007

One of Those Weeks

And, I'm not necessarily saying that to elicit great quantities of sympathy ... it just has been. I feel like I've gotten little to nothing accomplished or so it feels like and we have been running in every direction.

Monday: spent a good chunk of the morning on the phone figuring out why our internet was not working and another chunk of time looking for a lost dog that got out while I was on the phone. Topped off with a trip to Walmart for Easter shoes.
Tuesday: I had my 32 week check-up and by the time I was there and back, had dropped the girls off with friends for the morning and picked them up, and grabbed lunch, it was after 3 p.m. by the time we got home. Where did the day go???
Wednesday: Bible study at church in the morning, and Awana for N1 and T in the evening. Start to notice that N2's runny nose has taken a drastic turn for the worse, complete with nasty runny, swollen eyes. :-(
Thursday: Off to the dr. for a diagnosis of ear infection #3 for N2 AND pink-eye, poor baby. Add one trip to pick up a prescription and we're back home again.

And, I've been trying to make a grocery store run almost every day ... guess that will have to happen tomorrow.

I really am trying to look at weeks like this without complaining. Other than my doctor appointment and our Wednesday Bible study, most events were out of my control, but they still succeeded in contributing to my barely staying on top of the housework and laundry this week. And, as those are two things that overwhelm me easily, that keeps me feeling like I'm in a perpetual state of behind-ness.

Oh well, sometimes weeks are just like that. But tomorrow, I get to restock my pantry and freezer, and Saturday has NOTHING on the calendar that I have to do and I am thrilled about that.

1 comment:

  1. ok, I totally feel your pain. And I've pretty much done NOTHING around the house all week, so I'm not on top of anything.

    I hope next week is a GREAT one for you, and your spring party sounds like so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...